Episode 66: Location-based job search with Dr. Amy Saleh
Are you looking for a job, and have a particular location in mind?
On the latest BOSS podcast episode, I talk with Dr. Amy Saleh about a location-based job search.
- She cold-called to get her job
- There are pitfalls she wants you all to avoid
- She focused on her values, which helped her find the right job AND navigate her role in the practice
- If you have a long list of requirements, you have likely not worked out what is most important to you.
- Our training didn't prepare us for how to create a sustainable career, because training is performance and metrics based, jobs are value-based.
- Take the time to look at your values, this is where you will be the most fulfilled.
You can change your external circumstances (the job), but until you do the internal work, you likely won't find the job you want anywhere.