You can learn to thrive despite complications
12 week program
Without overwhelming time committment, without changing who you are. You can find satisfaction is surgery without the suffering.
If you’re a surgeon, you already know a lot about complications. Even though we know it is inevitable, we also know there has to be a better way to deal with them.
The only way to not have complications is to not operate. And you may be at the point where you wonder if you should stop.
But you didn't spend more than a decade in training to quit now.
But you also know that you can't keep going on like this.
If you are feeling guilt, shame, overwhelm, and uncertainty around operating, then you are in the right place.
By the end of this program,
you will …
Understand how you got to this point in the first place.We are products of our past experiences. We will look back at experiences that influenced how we feel now.
Approach future operations with confidence.Prepare ahead with proven strategies that will let you approach operations with confidence.
Approach complications without regret.Interact with patients and families in positive ways and be present in the moment so you are not reliving moments and wishing "I wish I had just said..."
Answer the question that you really have...Is this job worth it? You will learn how to get out of your way and decide if your surgery career is worth the possibility of complications.
"Can I really keep doing this?"
Complications take away your confidence. They can take away the joy of surgery.
It’s hard to look at all you have achieved when you cannot get past the sense of failure that complications can instill in you.
You may not know what to do yet, because you aren’t exactly sure what the problem is.
If everyone has complications, why does it feel like it is just me?
If this is how every day is going to be like, why should I continue to do this if I am going to feel this miserable?
I can help you figure it out.
AMY VERTREES, MD, GENERAL SURGEON AND CERTIFIED COACH
Before the Complications
Module Description: Introduction to mindset basics, self-coaching and strategies for coaching
Get the most out of your coaching experience
- Learn self-coaching strategies
- Start listening to your inner thoughts that drive your results
- Start developing pre-emptive strategies to approach complications
During the Complication
Module Description: Learn strategies that can dial down your autonomic response to allow yourself to stay in the moment and not feel out of control.
You may feel like you can't control yourself in the moment, but you can
- Learn how to stay in the moment
- Maintaining focus and control
- Effectively navigate a difficult situation to allow room for asking for help and helping yourself
After the Complication
Module Description: Learn how to deal with the aftermath of the complication.
A complication does not have to be all-consuming
- Learn how to have your own back so you can be there for yourself
- When you are there for yourself, you can be there for the patient and family, too
- You can keep the complication at work, and not take the burden home
Dates and times for the group coaching calls:
All times are 6pm CST
- 31 March
Plus These Bonuses to Help You
Everyone that signs up get a 1:1 coaching call with Dr. Vertrees
Meeting with each of you individually will help me tailor the course to your needs
- We outline your goals for the course
- I learn what you specifically need
- I can suggest strategies that will start working right away
Two additional 1:1 calls with Dr. Vertrees (ends midnight 25 March)
This is a limited time bonus. You must sign up for the course by midnight 25 March to get 2 additional 1:1 calls with Dr. Vertrees over the next 6 months
- If you need more help, you get more individualized attention
- You have 6 months to schedule the calls
- Support after the course means you can continue to get individualized help
Who doesn't love free books, shirts, goodies? Sign up by 25 March and get goodies in the mail.
What You’ll Get:
- You'll have to wait and see! Make sure you submit your address at checkout.
Here’s what you’re getting when you enroll today:
It's Complicated Program
- 12 weeks group coaching
- 1:1 coaching call with Dr. Vertrees
- TWO additional 1:1 calls with Dr. Vertrees (deadline 25 March)
- Swag! (deadline 25 March)
- Self-study guides (Available 1 April)
Enroll today so you don't miss out!
Coaching is a new concept for surgeons.
I am confident that if you try coaching with me that you will be able to see how you can help yourself and make real change in your life. But maybe you are not so sure, and that is OK. If after 14 days of enrollment, you come to the coaching events and you look at the course material and you decide this is not for you- no problem. Just reach out to me, and I will refund your money, no questions asked.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time does it take?
That’s a lot of money. Is it worth it?
What if I miss the special bonus deadline?
When are the coaching calls going to be?
What if I want to talk about more than just complications??
What if I change my mind?
Still thinking about it?
Want to know if this is right for you?
Does this sound like you:
- You're just getting started in surgery and want to learn some strategies to get ahead
- You may have been in practice for awhile and wondering if it is going to get better
- You are at the end of your rope and want to know if you should keep at it
- You wonder where your love of surgery (and yourself) have gone
- You want to be the best surgeon you can be
- You have heard about coaching and wonder if it will work for you
- You are ready to take action and want help from an experienced certified surgeon coach.
I can’t wait for you to join "It's Complicated" program.
We weren't taught how to deal with complications in residency. We were never taught that we can overcome our insecurities and approach complications in a way that empowers us. We all want to take care of patients, but it is OK to take care of ourselves, too. It’s not too late to learn how.
Come join me for “It’s Complicated” Program. It is a coaching and self-study program designed to help you learn how to deal complications so you can avoid wasting time with regret.
So you can:
- approach operations with confidence
- not avoid interactions with patients
- deal with complications without shame
- sustain your surgery career
This opportunity is risk free- you can cancel after 14 days if it is not for you.
Amy Vertrees, MD